All 27 art Reviews

puppeteer puppeteer

Very nice..! what is the meaning of the blue string?

wartynewt responds:

They're restraining/controlling her.

Phoenix Gloom Phoenix Gloom

Very nice!

Once Branded Once Branded

Fantastic piece, as always!

6801 S Cedar 6801 S Cedar

Amazing. You sure have an acute artistical sense, or talent, or whatever you call it. I wish I had it too, maybe I just don't like drawing enough to become great. Anxiety is a very sharp double edge sword, it seems... at least for me.

Thank you for the great art, I enjoy it very much! Please do more.. : )

Apparition Apparition

It's a shame you canned that lit game, and also, that you are still using ms-paint. I understand ms-paint limits forces you into a more creative path, but it's also probably very time consuming. You could still do pixel art in photoshop if you chose to switch; your tools would simply be more abundant. You could easily apply the style you learned in ms-paint in photoshop, minus the time consuming part. I guess either way it's fine, just sad lit got canned. Keep up the good (and unique) work!!

M Bestiary A-Z - Al-Mi'raj M Bestiary A-Z - Al-Mi'raj

Humm..

First thing that I saw that wasn't right was the pink, shiny spots. Too many of them, and there is even some in shadow areas.. doesn't make any sense.. to me at least... and why the pink nose?

I must agree with minikitten, the torn is a bit weird: looks like it's flat, and made of metal? (too strait, no texture).

The proportions are good, very nice details on hands, feets, very nice shading overall, nice outline too... this is pretty solid!

phenixryte23 responds:

Thanks, I'll be honest the horn was a different colour but I realised it was supposed to be black... changing it made it turn out not so great :(
As for the darker nose, it's a style thing.
Thanks for commenting.

Cruel Mother Cruel Mother

Very nice!

Love the textures, the stream.. looks kinda like fantasy/concept art to me.. but just my 2 cents.. ^_^

{BT} Huddle {BT} Huddle

Why?

I understand there is meaning (the title helps) but your using a very technical medium (3D, Bryce) with almost default shapes, textures and lighting. The absence of color and simplicity of the shapes doesn't feel intentionnal, as it would be in a painting for example. It just look silly, with the boxes going trough the floor... looks like a copy-and-paste, and really break the effect of individuals in a huddle around a center box. At least slight position difference and X angle would probably help the intended effect... make the boxes a bit more "organic and alive" without changing their shape. Mechanically (copy-paste) positionned at the same place around a center axis really didn't make it for me...

anyway, just my 2 cents : )

BenjaminTibbetts responds:

OK, thanks for the helpful review. :)

Arlington Cemetary, 2020 Arlington Cemetary, 2020

O almighty monument

I am canadian so I didn't recognized the monument right away. I also don't know about the tombstones, it's missing some religion reference or variations.. (wood crosses would have probably be easier to read, I don't know) at first sight I thought more about dominoes.. : )

I really like the message tho, all those tombstones spreading from the monument. It does seems to have a link with the proverb "all roads leads to Rome", but in a much darker way. The fish eye feel of the perspective add a much more dramatic effect, I love it.. : )

I like art with meaning.. : ) I think it's the best!

radiodark responds:

Thank you. Also, the tombstones in Arlington Cemetery really do look like dominoes: the first time I went on a field trip there I had a really awkward time trying not to laugh when I realized that. It's been a military cemetary since 1864, and more than 300,000 people are buried there, with roughly 6,000 burials conducted each year. They're running out of space, and pack people in as close as they can.

The Arrival The Arrival

You make my eyes bleed

Fantastic work, with a mouse? Gee, I couldn't hope doing that kind of work with a huge tablet.. : /

Strong contrast, the light is very well done and beautiful, I like it very much! Your other art have a very nice personnal style, you really know your stuff.

thanks for the drawing!