The Steven Seagal Show #2 The Steven Seagal Show #2

Even better than the first one, gee, we need more of that quality stuff. Pretty, please?

Apple's Shocking iPhone Apple's Shocking iPhone

Wtf is wrong with this flash, only sound works. Eh.

Free to Play Free to Play

-Now take those busty characters
-Use them in any submission icon on newgrounds
-??????
-profit

The Enchanted Cave 2 The Enchanted Cave 2

Well, this game is certainly very nice, I finished it, with the hero sword and all. Very entertaining!

However, if I may, here is what I think could be improved:

-Difficulty. I think it took me only 4 restarts to make it through all the levels with careful upgrading and skill distribution. Make it much, much harder, or at least, give the player a choice.

-Monster and chests grind fest. Would be nice to have quests (I know one in the tavern about blue berry) but the game mechanic doesn't really allow this very much since you lose everything on going back to town.

-Diversity in level design. Like for example, you need to go to the other part of the map to pull a lever to open the exit door. Would require you to actually clear more of the level, I dunno. Or have one enemy on the level drop a key required to go to the next level.

Having sometimes hand-design rooms (not just the secret part) would add a bit of diversity to this randomly generated (?) levels. I understand it's a cave, but it's a strange cave, it allows you to do anything.

-Item menu is confusing on how it work with clicking an item showing its stats, and clicking another item kinda switch both item instead of showing the second item stats... anyway, maybe it's a natural for you, I just find it odd and confusing with what I'm used to in other games.

-Stats description. I'm not a huge rpg fan, so maybe I don't understand every stats on how the affect the combats. So the resistances for example, 1 point in defense = 1 point dmg reduction I guess? and each elemental resistance is specific to the element? So one point in defense is much more desirable than a specific elemental resistance, right, since it reduce damage regardless of the damage type? I just have no way to know this.

Good job, dude, keep up the good stuff, it's rare to see a game with such long playtime that are enjoyably in newgrounds! Thank you!!

Mighty Retro Zero - Alpha Mighty Retro Zero - Alpha

This is well done, but unfortunately, I don't find this game any fun. The level design is indeed a bit poor overall, I mean, at least give some kind of clue to the player before killing him. Those 3 spikes on the roof are pretty weird kind of ennemy, at least if they were flashing or something, indicating there is danger to the player. They are even the same exact color than the level itself. If the game had some kind of health bar like megaman, that would make more sense, but now it's an instant death, and you wonder wtf happened.

Sometimes I fall in a hole, and there is an ennemy at the bottom I can't seem before jumping in. Exactly how I am suppose to know this? Also, a lot of save points are filled with ennemies, that's a bit awkward to be killed, then assaulted on respawn.

Maybe make bigger levels? it seems you want to cram everything in a very compact space, I dunno

So the game is pretty much a die and restart over and over, until you remember everything. Might be good for some people, but not me. You seem dedicated and have poured a lot of time into this, so kudos to you, but I still feel there is a bunch of stuff to fix to be any enjoyable, in my humble opinion.

I feel restricting yourself in the color palette is also not a good idea. Those movable blocks should be another color vs the static level. I think it would make things clearer. I also have no idea how to throw them, it just fires at random while key-bashing.

I'm not a peculiar fan of megaman, if this is any info to you, but I did play on the old gameboy quite a while ago and enjoyed those moments.

please try Star Guard, a small free flash game that does what I'm talking about:

Have a nice one!

Shifter Shifter

The dude on lvl 10 reacts quite weidly, appearing on platforms it shouldn't be.

aside from that, nice art, clever puzzles (#9 was quite something) and nice execution!

keep up the good work

gloam (sunrise mix) gloam (sunrise mix)

I'm no musician or composer or whatever music related, but still, this is very nice. I liked it enough to listen to the whole thing. Very relaxing, awe inspiring, you're obviously good at this ambient thingy. I'll be listening to your other songs for sure!

Dot Dot Dot Dot Dot Dot

ONE BUTTEN!!!!!!

So fucking amazing! Please do another one! Please!

I'm sure NG is full of such comments... I mean, axeman13 is truely amazing in his own patheticness, but he's probably not the only one with crooked fingers... = p

puppeteer puppeteer

Very nice..! what is the meaning of the blue string?

wartynewt responds:

They're restraining/controlling her.

Phoenix Gloom Phoenix Gloom

Very nice!

Once Branded Once Branded

Fantastic piece, as always!